Financial Advisor White Papers
9 Ways Advisors Can Stand Out As Go-To Experts with White Papers or Special Reports
You may not have time to write a book.
Consider a white paper or special report as an easy stand-in for a book.
With a white paper you can profit from many of the advantages of writing and publishing a book at a fraction of the investment of time and money. A white paper can help you accelerate growth by:
- Displaying your grasp of your prospects’ issues, needs, and desires,
- Revealing many facets of your unique story, and
- Proving your expertise and boosting credibility.
Caution: financial advisors, only the right kind of White Paper will hand you these results. It’s not to be confused with a sales letter. Nor is it a stock, or generic, article or report that you can use “as is.” It is not an appeal to anyone and everyone.
Maybe you have a White Paper or Special Report that hasn’t yet produced the results you expected. Or possibly you are considering creating a White Paper and want to be absolutely sure that you get the most out of it.
We invite you to take advantage of this content marketing strategy:
9 Ways Financial Advisor White Papers Can Attract More Prospects and Fees
1. Promote to Existing Contacts Via Email or Direct Mail – you can either send the White Paper or let your contacts know that it is now available, depending upon the situation and how well you know the target list or list segment.
2. Offer the White Paper for download or request – promote it on your website to generate traffic conversion.
3. Hand it out in individual meetings or in group talks – your White Paper builds your authority.
4. Publicize it to a public group – if you are speaking to a public group and don’t have a list of attendees, this can be an excellent way to get it. One approach is to offer to send the White Paper in exchange for a business card.
5. Provide your White Paper to potential influencers – Your White Paper showcases your expertise. Be ready: An influencer may surprise you with referrals on the spot.
6. Hand it out to clients to prompt referrals – This action is very powerful when the White Paper is new or especially timely relative to the markets or economic news.
Let clients know that you will send referrals an “intro kit,” which is a productive way of getting the names and contact info of referrals from your clients. The “intro kit” will include your white paper.
7. Publish all or part of it in target publications or journals – A way to make this work for you is to offer a free consultation to discuss the strategies in more detail.
At the end of the article be sure to include a resource box that offers your complimentary consultation.
8. Publicize it in your bio, business card, your email signature, or in TV or radio ads – This tactic helps position you as an expert author and as a “go-to” advisor in your niche or with your target market.
9. Give to clients who have assets they haven’t given you (yet) – You may encourage clients to add more of their assets under your management.
For help with creating or marketing your financial advisor white papers contact Bob Hanson at 617-901-6886 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.